Revere Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents caused by another person’s carelessness and negligence are often completely avoidable, and personal injury cases are all about accountability. Unfortunately, if you sustain serious injuries in an accident and do not pursue such a case, you may be left to deal with the aftermath—including lost wages, medical bills, and more—by yourself. En Español.
If you suffered injuries in an accident due to another person’s negligence, you may be eligible to pursue compensation and recover damages alongside a dedicated personal injury attorney. More specifically, a Revere personal injury lawyer could examine the facts of your case, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and file a lawsuit for damages on your behalf if necessary.
What Types of Accidents Lead to Personal Injury Cases?
Accidents can result in a variety of injuries, the exact nature of which usually depends upon the severity and type of accident. While minor fender benders may result in soft tissue injuries that require minimal treatment, a more serious accident can result in traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, paralysis, or even death.
Personal injury cases usually arise from one of the following scenarios:
- Motor vehicle collisions where a negligent or distracted driver causes their car or truck to collide with another vehicle, potentially including motorcycles or bicycles
- Dangerous conditions and property defects stemming from a property owner or manager failing to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition
- Pedestrian safety issues where a driver negligently allows their vehicle to collide with a pedestrian, usually in a crosswalk, parking lot, or parking garage
- Occupational mishaps where a worker suffers an accidental illness or injury while working in the course of their employment and within the scope of their job duties
- Dangerous or broken consumer products that are defectively manufactured or designed
A skilled personal injury attorney in Revere could assist accident victims and injured parties with proving, settling, and litigating any of these types of cases.
Who Has the Burden of Proof?
In a personal injury case, the burden of proof always falls on the plaintiff who is filing suit. Unless the negligent person or entity admits fault independently, the accident victim must prove the other person acted unreasonably and was the direct cause of the accident and their subsequent injuries.
In addition, personal injury cases in Revere have a three-year statute of limitations. This means accident victims must file their lawsuit within three years of the date of the accident, with only limited exceptions. Revere personal injury lawyers can help ensure plaintiffs file their lawsuit in a timely manner and begin the litigation process on time.
Talking to a Revere Personal Injury Attorney about Your Case
Accident victims in personal injury cases may be eligible to recover a variety of damages, including compensation for all medical, physical therapy, and surgery bills—both past and future—which are accident-related. They can also recover their lost wages, as well as compensation for suffering, inconvenience, pain, and lost enjoyment of life stemming from their accident.
Whatever form your particular damages take, injuries sustained due to another person’s negligence and recklessness are fully compensable under the law. A Revere personal injury lawyer could walk you through the steps of obtaining compensation for your injuries and take all the necessary steps to maximize your financial recovery and help you seek the compensation you deserve. Call today to get started on your case.